Tuesday, November 2, 2021 - 12:30pm to Thursday, November 4, 2021 - 4:30pm
Load Testing With JMeter™—$895
- Develop a foundational understanding of JMeter
- Determine strategies for recording a test
- Discover how to monitor bottlenecks
- Understand meaningful reporting strategies
- Learn how to Scale tests in the cloud cost effectively
Load and performance testing is complicated due to the holistic nature of finding performance bottlenecks. Rather than complicate matters by introducing the complexities of a proprietary load testing software licensing scheme, with some added engineering effort, you can use an open source framework to manage, record, and execute your tests.
This hands-on class will engage students in running tests against a sample application to help solve issues that include basic test recording, dealing with SSL, and parameterizing tests. It includes theoretical components that discuss how to find bottlenecks, what and how to monitor tests, the importance of results aggregation and reporting, and how to implement it. Lastly, we will discuss the creation of a cost-effective load and performance infrastructure in the cloud so you can scale tests and not break the bank.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate class contains technical content that teaches JMeter load testing techniques and is appropriate for Software Developer, Software Tester, Test Engineer, Performance Tester, Performance Engineer, Test Lead, DevOps Engineer, and Operational Support roles. Anyone interested in making an elastic load testing infrastructure that can fit into their CI/CD pipeline should also attend.
Participants should have some programming knowledge, some knowledge of the http protocol, and a basic understanding of how web servers work.
This class involves hands-on activities using sample software to better facilitate learning. Each student should bring a laptop with a remote desktop protocol (RDP) client preinstalled. Connection specifics and credentials will be supplied during class. Please verify permissions with your IT Admin before class. If you or your Admin have questions about the specific applications involved, contact our Client Support team.
Picking Test Scenarios
Theory section that identifies some rules of thumb for selecting tests
What to do when you have to create test scenarios from scratch
How to decide what to test on a brand new system
Running Tests in Parallel
Introduction of thread groups
Overview of data dependancies
Discussion of when and how to seed data
What to Monitor
Where to look for bottlenecks
Common free tools to use
Discussion of the usual suspects
Results Aggregation and Reporting
How to collect data
How to normalize the data for a coherent report
The importance of time
Scaling in the Cloud
Demo of a simple, scaleable, cost effective performance testing architecture
Discussion of design decisions and limitations
Class Daily Schedule
Day 1: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/10:30am-1:30pm PT
Day 2: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/10:30am-1:30pm PT
Day 3: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/10:30am-1:30pm PT
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm class schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer and easily connect your audio via computer or phone. Easy and quick access fits todayís working style and eliminates expensive travel and long days in the classroom.
- Live, expert instruction: Instructors are sought-after practitioners, highly-experienced in the industry who deliver a professional learning experience in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Courses cover the same professional content as our classroom training, and students have direct access to valuable materials.
- Rich virtual learning environment: A variety of tools are built in to the learning platform to engage learners through dynamic delivery and to facilitate a multi-directional flow of information.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live Virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Small class size: Live Virtual courses are limited in small class size to ensure an opportunity for personal interaction.