Tuesday, November 2, 2021 - 12:30pm to Thursday, November 4, 2021 - 4:30pm
Coaching Your Agile Team to Quality—$895
- Develop skills to help become the quality champion for your team
- Explore approaches to proactive planning
- Understand how to influence and drive change in your testing role
- Discuss strategies to help your team identify and mitigate risk
- Learn new tools to enhance your testing
The role of testing is changing as more organizations move to agile and DevOps, team members need to be equipped to keep up with the changes. Gone are the days of bug hunting for hours on end, those in testing roles are being asked to shift left and identify potential pitfalls and defects before system testing. Those committed to championing and influencing a quality mindset are critical to successful agile projects and teams.
In this course, anyone committed to quality on an agile software development team will be equipped with the skills and tools required to become their team’s quality coach. Participants will learn skills and techniques critical to quality and quality practices with a special emphasis on testing early in the pipeline and strategic test decision making.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- Risk evaluation and mitigation strategies
- Practical techniques and hands-on experience influencing quality
- New tools and test techniques
- Understand the key quality metrics used in agile
- Skills to help drive change in agile teams
Participants will get hands-on in immersive, collaborative exercises designed to reinforce learnings.
Who Should Attend?
Experienced testers, developers, product owners, and business analysts with an interest in championing quality within their agile teams.
This course includes a mix of lecture and hands-on exercises.
Computer and Audio Requirements
Because of the interactive nature of this class, each attendee is required to access the virtual classroom using a computer. Additionally, connecting audio via computer (using an internal or external mic or headset) is required for this class.
Agile Quality Strategies
Introduction to TDD, ATDD, BDD
Establishing team norms for quality
Quality management systems
Leveraging Metrics in Agile
Using metrics to communicate quality
New Test Techniques
Choosing the right tests for the job
Class Daily Schedule
Day 1: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/9:30am-1:30pm PT
Day 2: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/9:30am-1:30pm PT
Day 3: 12:30pm-4:30pm ET/9:30am-1:30pm PT
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm class schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer and easily connect your audio via computer or phone. Easy and quick access fits today’s working style and eliminates expensive travel and long days in the classroom.
- Live, expert instruction: Instructors are sought-after practitioners, highly-experienced in the industry who deliver a professional learning experience in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Courses cover the same professional content as our classroom training, and students have direct access to valuable materials.
- Rich virtual learning environment: A variety of tools are built in to the learning platform to engage learners through dynamic delivery and to facilitate a multi-directional flow of information.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live Virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Small class size: Live Virtual courses are limited in small class size to ensure an opportunity for personal interaction.